Wednesday 26 January 2011

Coconut cakes!

To make 12 coconut cakes:
  • 2 "eggs" worth of egg replacer + water
  • 4oz self-rasing flour
  • 4oz sugar
  • 4oz vegan butter
  • 2-3oz shredded dried coconut
  • dark chocolate

To cook:
  • Mix everything dry in a bowl, then mix with butter, then add water last till a smooth-ish texture.
  • Scoop into the cases
  • bake at 180 degrees for about 30mins, or until brown
  • melt dark chocolate over a bowl of hot water
  • drizzle with a spoon!

These cakes turn out really light and fluffy! I have baked vegan cakes for years and can never get this light fluffy texture without the use of egg-replacer, i have tried oil, soya milk and banana alternatives but egg-replacer works best in my opinion!

Even my non-vegan housemates love them! (in fact i had to cook two batches in two days!)

2 comments:

  1. HUNGRY! ^^

    HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss

    marti
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martina! I will check out your blog :) thanks for checking out my blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete